RCN is happy to be able to offer free Wi-Fi to all of its guests. We would, however, like to draw your attention to the following terms & conditions of use.
By logging in below, you agree to the terms & conditions of use as stated on this page and you undertake to comply with them.
- Basic rules
- RCN will not assist you with setting up a connection on devices belonging to third parties. Consult the manual for your device.
- Use of the Wi-Fi is only possible for mobile devices and related Wi-Fi equipment.
- No fixed limit is applied by RCN to the amount of data that can be sent or received. It does, however, reserve the right to intervene if the amount of data traffic is extremely high. RCN also reserves the right to block a user’s connection. The guest network is only intended for personal use in accordance with these terms & conditions.
- Terms & conditions of use
- Please be aware that uploading and downloading pornographic material via the RCN Wi-Fi guest network is forbidden. It is also forbidden to send messages that are inflammatory or incite violence, to pursue criminal activities or to publish pornographic, discriminatory or otherwise offensive material. It is also forbidden to publish any material that infringes the rights of third parties. RCN reserves the right to monitor, filter or protect network traffic if we consider it necessary to protect the service.
- If misuse for the purposes of article 2.1 is suspected, RCN may be legally obliged to inform the relevant authorities.
- Any user who acts in contravention of their obligations arising out of these terms & conditions and/or code of conduct will be held liable for any subsequent loss or damage to RCN.
- The use of the wireless network is entirely at your own risk. We recommend that you use approved secure technology and/or a personal firewall while surfing.
- RCN reserves the right to deactivate the Wi-Fi guest network at any time for the purposes of maintenance. RCN also reserves the right to block a user’s access to the service without prior notice if there is a contravention of these terms & conditions.
- RCN is in no way responsible for any claim arising out of the activities of the user or, in particular, the content that the user places on a server or publishes on the Internet.
- RCN would like to draw your attention to the fact that the signal strength can vary.
- RCN is not responsible for any failure of the Internet or network and/or loss of data because of technical or other reason. RCN is also not responsible for the safety of the equipment, configurations or files.
- RCN cannot guarantee that the service offered is compatible with your equipment, any software that you use or your communication network. RCN also does not offer any guarantee in respect of the performance of the Internet nor does it guarantee that you will be able to use the Internet. Use of the Internet is entirely at your own risk.
- Data protection.
- RCN respects your privacy. If you want to make use of the guest Wi-Fi, you enter into a user agreement with RCN. The basis for processing your personal data is entering into and fulfilling that agreement.
- If you log in to the RCN Wi-Fi guest network, a number of details about your device, such as the IP or MAC address, are stored. This is necessary in order to establish a connection. These user details are processed either by, or on the instructions of, RCN insofar as that is necessary to ensure that the guest network works. The user details are deleted if they are no longer required to allow the guest network to operate and, in any case, within two years after your connection with the network has ended.
- RCN makes use of third parties to provide IT services. RCN has entered into agreements with these parties about the processing of personal data.
- RCN processes this data only in order to fulfil the user agreement and to enable your access to the Wi-Fi network. If you do not provide this data, no connection can be established between your device and the Wi-Fi network.
These terms and conditions may be periodically amended without notice. It is in your interest to check them regularly. The terms & conditions of use/code of conduct and any dispute about them or the use of RCN’s Wi-Fi guest network are subject to Dutch law.